COVID-19 Update - What will Term 4 look like?
Welcome back to Term 4! After consideration of the risks associated with the increased spread of COVID-19 in Victoria and New South Wales noting current health advice, schools have now been directed to remain at Stage 2.2. Our response is being guided by the ACT Chief Medical Officer and CECG recommendations. Any changes to the current notifications will be communicated via SZapp and parent email.
- Returning from Victoria – any families returning from Victoria or NSW hot spots must notify the school. They must also observe 14 days of self-isolation. Please see ACT Health Directions webpage for information regarding COVID Hotspots: https://www.legislation.act.gov.au/ni/2020-430/
- Adults - We need to continue monitoring the number of adults in the building under social distancing guidelines. This will mean:
- Morning drop-off will continue as it did in Term 3, with parents and carers dropping children to the gates, without walking onto the playground, as much as possible. Parents may enter the school grounds but must avoid gathering or lingering.
- Afternoon pick up will follow the same routine as Term 3 but parents are permitted to collect their child from the school grounds without phoning ahead, if required.
- Morning announcements and prayer will still be happening in the classrooms via the PA.
- Awards assemblies are still cancelled, with awards being given out and names published in the school newsletter.
- All visitors entering the building still need to enter via the front office. Please sign-in and sanitise upon entry.
- Hygiene - Students, staff and visitors are required to continue regular and thorough hand cleaning and personal hygiene routines.
- Illness - Students and staff who are displaying signs of illness are not to attend school, even if it is simply light flu or cold-like symptoms. Parents and carers will be asked to collect your child if they appear unwell. Please follow ACT Health guidelines around testing and seek medical advice regarding illness and returning to school. https://www.covid19.act.gov.au/stay-safe-and-healthy/symptoms-and-getting-tested
- Extra cleaning of desks, wet areas and high-touch areas needs to continue daily.
- Parent/Teacher Meetings & Three Way Conferences can be arranged via appointment, if necessary.
- Celebrating birthdays - No birthday cakes or shared food at the moment. You may send a small individually wrapped treat to hand out to classmates eg: lollipop, choc frog, purchased individually wrapped cakes.
- Snack Shack – the canteen will remain open for orders only on Fridays. Thank you to Katrina and Sarah for your dedication to make this happen.
- Excursions can go ahead, with groups no larger than 100 people. However, many facilities are not taking group bookings at this time.
- Uniform - Full summer uniform. The clothing Boutique will reopen on Friday mornings from 8:30 if you require items. Please order via Flexischools and pay online as we remain cashless.
Class Sports Days Term 4 - 2020 (Gymnastics Lessons Weeks 1 to 5)
Kinder - Tuesdays & Thursdays
Year 1 - Mondays & Thursdays
Year 2 - Thursdays & Fridays
Year 3 - Wednesdays & Fridays
Year 4 - Wednesdays & Fridays
Years 5/6 - Wednesdays & Fridays