COVID-19 Update - What will Term 1 look like?
Welcome back to Term 1! Schools remain safe and our operations are guided by the latest advice from the ACT Chief Medical Officer and the Australian Health Protection Principal Committee. Any changes to the current notifications will be communicated via SZapp and parent email.
- Adults - We need to continue monitoring the number of adults in the building under social distancing guidelines. This will mean:
- Parents and other family members are now welcome on the school grounds at morning drop-off and afternoon pick-up. Adults must stay 1.5m apart unless they are part of a family group. We have been advised to discourage large gatherings to minimise risks.
- Afternoon pick up will follow the same routine as Term 4 but parents are permitted to collect their child from the school grounds without phoning ahead, if required.
- Morning announcements and prayer will return to an outside gathering on the black top.
- All visitors entering the building still need to enter via the front office. Please sign-in and sanitise upon entry.
- Hygiene - Students, staff and visitors will continue to wash hands regularly, sanitise and wipe down hard surfaces.
- Illness - Students and staff who are displaying signs of illness are not to attend school, even if it is simply light flu or cold-like symptoms. Parents and carers will be asked to collect your child if they appear unwell. Please follow ACT Health guidelines around testing and seek medical advice regarding illness and returning to school. https://www.covid19.act.gov.au/stay-safe-and-healthy/symptoms-and-getting-tested
- Extra cleaning of desks, wet areas and high-touch areas to continue daily.
- Celebrating birthdays - No birthday cakes or shared food at the moment. You may send a small individually wrapped treat to hand out to classmates eg: lollipop, choc frog, purchased individually wrapped cakes.
- Snack Shack – the canteen will be closed for the first few weeks. When it reopens, only lunches will be available. Thank you to Katrina and Sarah for your dedication to make this happen.
- Excursions can go ahead, with groups no larger than 100 people. However, many facilities are not taking group bookings at this time.
- Uniform - Full summer uniform. The clothing Boutique will reopen on Friday mornings from 8:30 if you require items. Please order via Qkr! and pay online as we remain cashless. Payments can also be made via EFTPOS.
Class Sports Days Term 1 - 2021
Kinder - Wednesdays & Fridays
Year 1 - Wednesdays & Fridays
Year 2 - Wednesdays & Fridays
Year 3 - Wednesdays & Fridays
Year 4 - Wednesdays & Fridays
Years 5/6 - Tuesdays & Fridays